- ONLY adult program in San Antonio
- FIRST Foundation for Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT) stem cell transplant program in North America
- More than 3,000 transplants performed
- FIRST pediatric program in San Antonio
- Most EXPERIENCED program in San Antonio
- More than 600 transplants performed
- More than 250 cord blood transplants performed
Why Choose Methodist Healthcare
The Adult and Pediatric Blood and Marrow Stem Cell Transplant Program at Texas Transplant Institute in San Antonio, TX, is one of the most experienced and preferred transplant programs in the nation. We are leaders in cutting-edge cancer care, adult stem cell transplantation, pediatric blood and marrow stem cell transplantation and clinical research.
Our Commitment to You
We are dedicated to providing our patients with new and innovative cancer treatment options and personalized care. Methodist Healthcare partners with the Sarah Cannon Cancer Network to provide compassionate, integrated and personalized cancer care to thousands of cancer patients in San Antonio, Texas and around the world. Our commitment to the health of our patients, now and in the future, is what drives us to provide the type of quality care our patients have come to expect.
“With over two decades of experience in the field, Dr. Shaughnessy is a peer to some of the world’s most renowned hematologist-oncologist and bone marrow transplant specialist…”
“Dr. Shaughnessy is gaining ground on his goal to establish the program as a world-class bone marrow transplant, hematologic malignancy center for all of South and Central Texas. Fueled by his passion for excellent service for his patients, Dr. Shaughnessy will undoubtedly succeed in his mission....”
~MD Monthly Read More